Chinese A level
- GCSE Mandarin (or equivalent) Grade 7 or above
Edexcel Level 3 Advanced GCE in Chinese (spoken Mandarin/spoken Cantonese) (9CN0)
Year 12 Themes:
Family, Education and Work, Chinese Culture and Cultural Activities
Year 13 Themes:
Transformations, Sino-British Relationships, Communication & Technology, Economy and Environment
How will I be assessed?
- Listening, reading and responding to texts (60 marks)
- Translating between English and Chinese (40 marks)
- Written response to a literary text and a film (100 marks)
- Discussion of a stimulus card (30 marks)
- Presentation and discussion of an individual research project (42 marks)
With 1.3 billion speakers of Chinese and 1.35 billion speakers of English, you’ll open doors to communicate with one third of the planet. Pathways include careers in all fields such as Business, International Relations, Finance, Travel & Tourism, Education, Translation, Government & Entrepreneurship.
Who to speak to for more information:
Mr David Kral, Head of Mandarin, firstname.lastname@example.org