Sport and Physical Activity CTEC
Within PE at Key Stage 5, we will offer 2 separate pathways: A-Level PE Cambridge Technical in Sport and Physical Activity.
- GCSE PE Grade 4 or above
- GCSE Science (Biology) Grade 4 or above
- Have a keen interest in sport.
This qualification is not just about being able to play sport; it will provide learners with the skills, knowledge and understanding to progress into Higher Education on a sport-related programme such as Sport and Physical Education, Sport Science, Sport Coaching and Development or Sport and Leisure Management.
This course is designed to support students who would benefit from a qualification where it is more coursework based and their sports performance is not going to impact their final grade. It might also be a course suitable for students who has not completed GCSE PE previously.
Cambridge Technical (CTEC) in Sport and Physical Activity
- Body systems and the effects of physical activity
- Sports organisation and development
- Sports coaching and activity leadership
- Performance analysis in sport
- Sports injuries
How will I be assessed?
• 2 exam units
• 3 further coursework based units
• ALL units must be passed and an average is taken across them all.
Potential university courses:
- Sport and Exercise Science
- Strength and Conditioning
- Sports Coaching
- A Teaching Degree
- Sports Journalism
- Sports/Leisure Management
- Sports Psychology
Potential careers in sport:
- A Sport Scientist
- A Strength and Conditioning Coach or Personal Trainer
- A PE Teacher/ Sports Coach
- A Sports Journalist
- A Physiotherapist
- A Sports Psychologist
- A Performance Analyst
Who to speak to for more information:
Mr J Alexander, Head of PE, email@example.com