PE A level
Within PE at Key Stage 5, we will offer 2 separate pathways: A-Level PE Cambridge Technical in Sport and Physical Activity.
- GCSE PE Grade 6 or above
- GCSE English Grade 6 or above
- A strength in at least one sport.
The A-level Physical Education qualification allows students to play to their strengths and gain dynamic theoretical and practical skills for further education or work in sport.
This course is designed for students who are competing in sport at a high level already and wish to continue their physical education journey enhancing their knowledge of the body, how it works along with other sport related topics..
AQA A level PE
- Applied anatomy and physiology
- Skill acquisition
- Sport and society
- Exercise physiology
- Biomechanical movement
- Sport psychology
- Sport and society and the role of technology in physical activity and sport
How will I be assessed?
• 2 exam papers worth 35% each
• Practical performance completed outside of school worth 15%
• Coursework completed in school worth 15%
Potential university courses:
- Sport and Exercise Science
- Strength and Conditioning
- Sports Coaching
- A Teaching Degree
- Sports Journalism
- Sports/Leisure Management
- Sports Psychology
Potential careers in sport:
- A Sport Scientist/ A Club Doctor
- A Strength and Conditioning Coach or Personal Trainer
- A PE Teacher/ Sports Coach
- A Sports Journalist
- A Physiotherapist
- A Sports Psychologist
- A Performance Analyst
Who to speak to for more information:
Mr J Alexander, Head of PE, firstname.lastname@example.org