The winter uniform is worn from September through to Easter and the summer uniform is optional and is worn for the summer term only.
Winter Uniform (Worn from September until Easter Holidays)
School Blazer: Black with purple edging and school logo.
V Neck Jumper: Black with embroidered school logo. School regulation.
Trousers: Grey, with embroidered school logo, school regulation.
Skirt: Warrior tartan kilt school regulation. Length must be at the knee.
Shorts: Grey, with embroidered school logo, school regulation.
Shirt/Blouse: Plain white short or long sleeved, must be worn with a top button done up and a suitable collar for a tie. Worn with a School Blazer or V Neck Jumper.
Tie: School regulation (House Colours)
Socks/tights: White/grey/black socks. Black, or flesh-coloured tights.
Shoes: Black, plain. (No trainers or laced plimsolls). Heels up to 5 cm maximum.
Outer coat: Plain colour, not leather or denim.No hoodies.No large logos.
Summer Uniform (Optional) (Worn from the Easter Holidays until the end of July)
Skirt or Trousers or Shorts: As per winter uniform.
Shirt/Blouse: Plain White, Short-sleeved shirt or blouse. Can be worn without a tie but must be tucked in.
School Blazer or V Neck Jumper: Optional.
Polo Shirt (Compulsory): Black & purple polo shirt with logo.
Unisex PE Shorts (Compulsory): Black & purple polyester with logo.
White Sports Socks (Compulsory) for all indoor/outdoor sports apart from Football and Rugby.
Games Socks (Compulsory): Games socks with purple & white trim for Football and Rugby.
Leggings (optional): KWS Branded Sports Leggings suitable for PE.
Rain Jacket or Mid-Layer** (Recommended) Black & purple with logo.
Tracksuit Bottoms(Recommended): Black & purple with logo.
Trainers (Compulsory): White Soled or non-marking.
Football Boots : Suitable Footwear.
Shin Pads (for Football) and Gumshield (for Rugby) (Recommended**)
Rugby Shirt (Optional*): Black & purple rugby/hockey shirt with logo.
Rugby Shorts(Optional*): Black & purple heavy duty with logo.
PE Kit Policy
All students are expected to wear KWS branded PE kit.
*Purchasing the school rugby shirt and shorts is not essential unless your child would like to participate in contact rugby and/or represent the school in school rugby fixtures. Rugby lessons as part of the curriculum take place in the first term of the school year. If you decide to purchase a rugby top for your child, these can be worn during PE lesson times as and when they feel it is appropriate to do so, particularly in the winter months.
**The PE department’s stance on gum shields is that they must be worn if playing contact rugby in both lessons and fixtures. We strongly recommend that all students have a gum shield so that they are able to participate in contact rugby. However, no student will be forced to play contact rugby, nor will any student be sanctioned for not having a gym shield.
All students are able to wear plain black underlayers/skins in lessons and fixtures providing that they have a KWS Branded item of clothing as the top layer E.G Shorts. Students should not wear tights during PE.
Jewellery and non-uniform items
At KWS we believe that uniform helps our students to develop a sense of pride, community and self-esteem. When wearing School uniform, students are representatives of KWS and must be aware that they carry responsibility for the school’s reputation. Students must wear full School uniform when travelling to School, whilst in School, when travelling home from School, when on the majority of School outings, at School activities and at Parents’ Evenings.
Students not compliant with the uniform policy will be sent to the Pastoral Office to explain why and may be sent home to change, unless they have a signed letter from home explaining the exceptional circumstances. Where the correct clothing or footwear is not worn students will be required to wear the correct uniform on loan from the school for that day e.g.: school plimsolls.
Where non-uniform items (earrings, hoodies, etc) are worn, they may be confiscated and consequences applied
Not being in full School uniform is also deemed as a breach of the Student Code of Conduct.
Clarification for non-uniform items:
- Hair must be appropriate for a smart office environment and must not be extreme in style, length or colour. There should be no shave patterns, no shaved eyebrows, no hair dyed multiple colours or any non-natural colour. The School is the final arbiter as to what is considered ‘extreme’.
- Only plain, functional and safe hair accessories are allowed.
- The only jewellery permitted at school is a non-smart wristwatch and a single pair of plain gold or silver small, stud earrings worn at the bottom of the ear lobes.
- Jewellery which is not permitted in our uniform guidelines will be confiscated (see confiscation procedures appendix 8 of the behaviour and conduct policy) and passed on to the school reception in a named envelope.
- Students wearing ‘obvious’ make-up and nail polish including false eyelashes will be required to remove it. Please note that any refusal to remove any article, e.g.: acrylic nails may result in further sanctions.
- On days when students have a PE lesson, club or P7 body activity they may come to school in the appropriate school PE uniform.
- Leisurewear or sporting wear is not permitted (No logos, body warmers or casual clothing.)
- Any belts must be black in colour, with a small buckle that does not have a logo on.