The Katherine Warington PTA is named the Katherine Warington Association of Friends (KWAF). We are a friendly group of volunteers that consist not only of parents, but for guardians or Carers of current Katherine Warington Pupils.
We have a strong desire to lay the foundations of a supportive, inclusive, fun and successful association that will benefit current and future students.
The KWAF is newly formed, in line with the schools opening in September 2019 and we work together to:
- Commence fundraising for the school through social events and other activities
- Promote and build strengthened links between school and home
- Encourage other parents and carers to become involved with the school community
The funds we raise will help to provide new facilities and resources which cannot be catered for in the existing school budget.
We plan to take steps to minimise the production of waste at KWAF events and activities and promote recycling where possible.
Membership is free and promotes involvement from all associated friends of Katherine
Warington School such as parents, guardians, families, staff, governors and students.
Membership of the Association shall comprise of:
- Parents and Carers of current Katherine Warington School pupils.
- Any teaching and non-teaching staff currently employed at the school.
- Any person over the age of 18 wishing to offer appropriate support or help to the school and who is accepted by the Committee as a Member
Meet the Committee
Our committee includes the following:
- The President: Head teacher of the School Mr Tony Smith
- Chairperson: Ellie Renshaw
- Vice Chairperson: Natasha Murphy
- Treasurer: Adam Badi
- Secretary: Michelle Quinn
- Events Coordinator: Joanna Day
Our office Bearers were elected by the committee members.
Annually, the office bearers will be elected/re-elected at the first meeting after the Annual Group Meeting (AGM).
The KWAF depend on volunteers to help raise funds which will improve the school for pupils. We work together to play our part in building a strong sense of school community. Please sign up for the KWAF e-mail mailing list for updates and events.
We need your help!
The KWAF are always looking for volunteers. We would be grateful of any help you can offer, from planning or helping with an event to contributions of services such as photocopying or supplies that would be useful.
Do you have ideas for an event?
If you have fundraising ideas we would love to hear them.
KWAF meeting minutes
KWS Open Day – Saturday 17th September
KWAF AGM – Wednesday 28th September
Comedy @KWS – Thursday 13th October (TBC)
Fireworks – Friday 4th November
KWAF Committee Dates 2021/22
AGM 28th September 2022