At Katherine Warington we provide an inspiring, evidence informed, knowledge curriculum for all.
- Providing all our students, regardless of ability, gender, ethnicity or social background, with access to the knowledge and skills that will enable them to interpret a changing world and thrive within it.
- Enabling our students to taste success early on and building in them the aspiration and resilience to push for further successes both academically and personally.
- Offering opportunities for our students to regularly make choices and personalise their own curriculum.
- Cultivating a community that celebrates and values the successes of others, actively collaborating to shape our world.
- Striving to understand and apply the latest educational research into the context of our school, for the greatest possible benefit of our students.
- Utilising developments in cognitive science to maximise learning for each and every one of our students.
- Building on the best practice and traditional academic values of the three existing Harpenden secondary schools.
- Embracing technological innovations that add real value to teaching and learning.
- Delivering a robust and engaging curriculum, in which knowledge itself is valued and celebrated.
- Developing deep understanding and the ability to apply powerful knowledge, enabling our students to become dynamic successful individuals.
- Utilising our links Rothampstead Research & Hertfordshire University to convey the importance of shared learning whilst fostering a spirit of enquiry and creativity.