At Katherine Warington School we provide an inspiring, evidence-informed and Knowledge-Based curriculum for all.
- Provide all students, regardless of ability, gender, ethnicity or social background, with access to the knowledge and skills to enable them to interpret a changing world and thrive within it.
- Enable our students to taste success early on as well as build aspiration and resilience to push for further successes, both academically and personally.
- Offer opportunities for our students to regularly make choices and personalise their curriculum.
- Cultivate a community that celebrates and values the successes of others.
- Encourage our students to actively collaborate and contribute to shaping our world.
- Strive to understand and apply the latest educational research into the context of our school, for the greatest possible benefit of our students.
- Utilise developments in cognitive science to maximise learning for every one of our students.
- Build on best practice and traditional academic values of the three existing Harpenden secondary schools.
- Embrace technological innovations that add real value to teaching and learning.
- Deliver a robust and engaging curriculum, in which knowledge itself is valued and celebrated.
- Develop a deep understanding and ability to apply powerful knowledge, enabling our students to become dynamic, successful individuals.
- Utilise our links at Rothampstead Research & Hertfordshire University to convey the importance of shared learning whilst fostering a spirit of enquiry and creativity.
Find out More:
To find out more about the curriculum offering at KWS please contact Mr D Martin, Deputy Headteacher.